* Malaria – we recommend that visitors to Malawi take malaria prophylactics.
* Bilharzia can be found in certain areas of Lake Malawi. We are tested here at Kaya Mawa, all tests have come back clear.
* Tetanus, polio, typhoid and the hepatitis vaccinations are recommended.Yellow fever immunization is required only by visitors entering Malawi from a yellow fever zone.
* It is advisable to know your blood group type in case of emergency and for your own peace of mind bring a couple of spare syringe needles with you
* Guests need a full valid passport to enter Malawi. * Most visitors (European Union countries, USA and Australia) do not require a visa. Please let us know which nationality you have then we will check if a visa is required.
* An international departure tax of USD 30 per person has to be paid at Lilongwe airport.
* A domestic departure tax of 2000 Malawi Kwacha (approx $5) per person is paid in Lilongwe
* We suggest contacting the Malawian Embassy in your country for up to date travel advice
* We highly recommend full Trip Cancellation Insurance - we do need to charge cancellation fees as stipulated. We advise that luggage is fully insured. As we can bear no responsibility for any delays, cancellation of flights, change of itinerary and retain the right to alter or cancel an activity with just reason. All guests are advised to have full medical and travel insurance.previous